- Instructor: Simon John
- Duration: 2 hours
Update 12 Dec 2020: As the Education Department has recommended suspending all class held in-person until 23 Dec 2020, we have amended the Winter course. Click here for the updated webpage with the new details.
Delivered during the month of December, the course will run over 10 sessions, from Dec 19 to Jan 4, for groups of up to 8 students per class. The focus is on developing students empathic writing skills through enquiry-led learning using video game elements to enhance their compositional writing.
The classes are a unique opportunity for students to combine learning with something they love – stories. English writing at Cicero incorporates gameplay as part of the learning experience. Instructors lead students through carefully selected portions/scenes acclaimed titles using the renewed interests in stories to build on key writing skills.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Empathetic diary writing
- Responding to higher order questions
- Making inferences to inform analyses
- Incorporating tone into speech
Classes during the winter course consist of 2-hour sessions: 8 sessions are held in person, with 2 online sessions delivered on Discord. The course is suitable for students aged 11-14.
- Professionally designed English lessons
- Complete materials pack containing 20-hours of lesson material
- Complimentary use of tablet devices throughout the course
- Electronic exercise booklets with worksheets available to all students
- 90 minute ‘Learn2Game’ session (for parents) who wish to learn more