- Instructor: Simon John Engerer
- Duration: 6 hours
Achieve substantial improvements in your English writing compositions! Our innovative writing courses focus on specific writing elements examined in the HKDSE and IGCSE syllabuses, using specially designed materials delivered through memorable and engaging courses.
Throughout the 6 hour intensive courses – conducted over 4 days – students will build on writing skills in preparation for 4 examinable outcomes within their English language study:
- Descriptive writing
- Letter Writing
- Diary Writing
- Narrative Writing
Classes of 4-6 students will build their usable vocabulary, refine their written expression and develop effective techniques for the specific writing element targeted in each course. Diary and letter writing courses cultivate strong empathic writing skills through enquiry-led learning, using video game elements to enhance their compositional writing. Meanwhile, linear non-verbal narrative videogames improve students’ use of figurative and comparative language, enhancing their descriptive and narrative writing.
Instructors lead students through carefully selected portions of acclaimed videogame titles, using the renewed interests in stories to build on key writing skills.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Order and arrange information accurately
- Demonstrate implicit and explicit awareness in tone and meaning
- Use figurative language to convey nuanced emotional responses
- Include appropriate vocabulary depending on the theme
Each session is 90 minutes long, and are delivered in-person or online via Discord. Classes are suitable for students aged 11-14.
- Professionally designed English lessons
- Pack containing 6-hours of lesson material
- Complimentary tablet devices throughout the course
- 90 minute ‘Learn2Game’ session (for parents who wish to learn more)