- Instructor: Simon John Engerer
- Duration: 2 hours
Delivered during the month of December, the course will run over 8 sessions, from Dec 21 to 31, for groups of up to 8 students per class. The focus is on developing students’ reading comprehension and report writing skills through enquiry-led learning using video game elements to enhance their English language skills.
The classes are a unique opportunity for students to combine learning with something they love – stories. English writing at Cicero incorporates gameplay as part of the learning experience. Instructors lead students through carefully selected portions/scenes acclaimed titles using the renewed interests in stories to build on key writing skills.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Improving reading comprehension
- Making inferences from context clues
- Understanding and analyzing relevant details
- Organizing relevant details across multiple texts into written summaries
Classes during the winter course consist of 2-hour sessions: 8 sessions are held in person. The course is suitable for students aged 11-14.
- Professionally designed English lessons
- Complete materials pack containing 16-hours of lesson material
- Complimentary use of tablet devices throughout the course
- Electronic exercise booklets with worksheets available to all students
- 90 minute ‘Learn2Game’ session (for parents) who wish to learn more